If yes, how can I do that? Do I have to do a ‘branch’ first?
I didn’t find how to do it on Google.
Yes, you can do it on GitHub itself.
- In your repository, browse to the file you want to edit
- In the upper right corner of the file view, click to open the file editor.
- On the Edit file tab, make any changes you need to the file. I am going to add a new paragraph as “new paragraph”.
- Then commit the changes. At the bottom of the page, type a short, meaningful commit message that describes the change you made to the file. You can create a new branch and commit the changes as follows simultaneously as follows. I add the branch name as “new-branch”.
- Next, open a pull request to merge your changes to the main branch.
- Finally you can merge the changes from your branch to the main branch.
- Now you can view the updated file.