Renting a car in europe while living on a working visa in the US and having a European drivers license

I both have a European and an US drivers license and I’m currently living and working in the US, I still have my European passport. I would like to rent a car during the holidays back in Europe, can I rent a car stating that I’m a resident of EU with my European drivers license or do I need to state that I’m a US resident (and pay higher insurance prices)


After calling multiple car rental places and explaining the situation they told me that you are able to rent a car using your EU drivers license and taking advantage of better pricing options through local branch websites, as long as you give them your US address when you book and present your EU license at the counter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *